Main items of interest to the majority of small businesses will be:
- Personal allowances and national insurance rates, please view the tax data information page above.
- Employers Employment allowance increased to £4,000 from April 2020 saving a potential further £1,000 on Employers NIC.
- Don’t forget the £1,000 a year in tax-free allowances for property or trading income available since April 2017.
- The Corporation Tax rate is remaining at 19% and the proposal to reduce to 17% from April 2020 has been withdrawn.
- VAT registration limit to remain at £85,000 until April 2022 and the deregistration limit £83,000.
- CGT lettings relief for landlords is to be withdrawn from April 2020 together with a reduction in the final period exemption for private residence.